As the weather is warming up and we are starting to see ourselves on the positive side of the COVID-19 pandemic, the needs of the Charlotte community is still very prevalent. There is still a large community who needs basic services just to make it day to day. Here are 5 ways to consider volunteering your time or resources to give back to our community.
Fight Hunger. You can join QC Royals on the final Thursday of each month to support Block Love’s work of helping Charlotte’s neighbors in transition.
- The longtime Charlotte soccer supporters’ group partnered with Bojangles to provide one meal to Charlotte’s homeless neighbors per quarter.
- Contact them on Twitter or at [email protected] for additional details about where to meet and what time.
Show Love with Shoes. Samaritan’s Feet’s international headquarters are based here in Charlotte, and they need volunteers to help sort, process and pack shoes for distribution both locally and internationally.
- Email [email protected] to learn more about volunteering, or volunteer here.
- They also have an upcoming shoe distribution at the Kannapolis YMCA on May 7 from 8am until 1pm, and they need volunteers to help distribute socks and shoes. Volunteer here.
Help Next Step Clubhouse. Next Step Clubhouse provide space and programing promote healthy living and encourage community involvement for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, like inclusive yoga, painting, bowling and more.
- Opportunities include program volunteer, where you’d lead activities, member events and special events volunteer, where you’d help set up events and provide an extra set of hands and socialize.
- Volunteer here.
Support Charlotte’s LBGTQ Youth. While opportunities for volunteering in person remain suspended due to the pandemic, Time Out Youth Center continues to provide support and advocacy for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning youth ages 11-20.
- TOY encourages people interested in volunteering remotely to email [email protected]
Donate. If you can’t donate your time, donate funds to one of the causes listed below or to a cause dear to your heart. Please do not allow not having physical time stop you from giving back! Every contribution matters.
- Donate to Feeding Charlotte here.
- Donate to Myers Park United Methodist Church’s Ukraine Relief Fund here.
- Donate to Charlotte Wildlife Stewards here.
- Donate to Block Love Charlotte here.
- Donate to Samaritan’s Feet here.
- Donate to Carolina Farm Trust here.
- Donate to Hope Vibes here.
- Donate to Next Step Clubhouse here.
- Donate to Time Out Youth Center here.